Rita Sartori, Guide in Venice
A professional guide since 1998, officially qualified for illustrating the Cultural Heritage of Venice & its Lagoon,
the Venetian Villas and the Eastern Veneto, including museums, exhibitions, and all those secret places
that only natives know.
Degree in Foreign Languages, Art, History & Civilization (University Ca’ Foscari, Venice)
Topic of dissertation: Caravaggio and Malta
Second Level Degree in Economics and Management of Arts (University Ca’ Foscari, Venice)
Topic of dissertation: Sacred Spaces and Tourist Spaces. ‘Chorus’, A Model of Conciliation.
A member of the international, lay and not-for-profit organization Future for Religious Heritage,
whose main concern is the future of nowadays ‘redundant’ historic religious
(christian and non-christian) buildings.
A researcher in the field of Religious Heritage under the supervision
of the Laboratory of Management of Arts and Culture (M.A.C. Lab),
University Ca’Foscari, Venice.
- National Geographic Television for The Rising Tides of Venice, a documentary on the environmental issues
of the Venetian Lagoon;
- BBC for Holiday Programme;
- ZDF (D) in Hallo Deutschland;
- RAI (Italy’s National Broadcasting Network) for Ulisse, il Piacere della Scoperta: Venezia, sette secoli di splendore,
as a researcher;
- RTI-Mediaset, with a script for a documentary on Venice, its culture and traditions;
- Venice Tourist Board (Azienda di Promozione Turistica di Venezia)
- Aareal Bank Group (D), for which I designed a ‘learning experience’ in the Arsenal of Venice, as a case study.
My passions: my job, art, dance, The Beatles.
My latest passion: Venetian antique glass ‘trade beads’!